Universe Guide

Earth Info, Facts and Moons

Life on Earth


The Earth is the only known object (planet or moon) in known space that supports life. It is the planet we live on, it provides for all our needs, water, food and oxygen. For the last couple of billion years, it has support life, although for most of that time, it has been microorganisms.

In fact, the Earth is the only known location in the entire galaxy and Universe that supports life. It is just the right distance from the Sun to be the right temperature, not too hot and not too cold for life. The zone which is the right temperature is known as the Goldilocks Zone, named after the fairy tale. If you expand the parameters of the search for life to the Multiverse should that exist then life would exist on some Earths and not exists on other.

It is divided into seven continents which are Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America and Oceania. Each of those continents are split into numerous countries, each with their own government and in some case, their own language.


70% of the Earth is covered in water with the other 30% is land. Of the water, only 2.5 percent of water is drinkable, the other is salty. National Geographic

The Worlds Population

The Earths human population is estimated at being about 7.3 billion people. It is increasing every year as we live longer and are better able to fight off disease. It is believed that by 2100, the worlds population will be 11 billion. Some countries populations are naturally slowing down but others are increasing relentlessly. There might well be a tipping point but when that is, no one knows but it won't be in the short term. The tipping point will probably come about when resources are used up and we can't progress further. BBC

Earth Facts

List of Moons in orbit around Earth

MoonDiscoveredOrbit Circumference

Comments and Questions

There's no register feature and no need to give an email address if you don't need to. All messages will be reviewed before being displayed. Comments may be merged or altered slightly such as if an email address is given in the main body of the comment.

You can decline to give a name which if that is the case, the comment will be attributed to a random star. A name is preferred even if its a random made up one by yourself.

This website is using cookies. More info. That's Fine