- Earth is the 3rd planet from the Sun.
- There is only one moon in orbit round the Earth and it is simply called The Moon.
- The planet is classed as a rocky planet.
- Earth has been known for centuries ever since people looked to the stars and noticed a star moving across the sky.
- The mass of the planet is 59736 1024kg.
- The equatorial radius of the planet is 6378.1km whereas the volumetic mean radius is 6371km.
- The Mean Density of the planet is 5515 kg/m3.
- The surface acceleration of the planet is 9.78 m/s2.
- The time the planet takes to revolve round the Sun is 365.242 days or roughly 1.0 Earth Years.
- The length of a day on the planet is 24 hours, i.e. the time it takes to revolve once on its axis.
- The average temperature of the planet is 283K/10C.
- The surface pressure of the planet is 1014mbars .
- Earth distance from the Sun is about 149600000.0km.
- The Orbit Eccentricity is 0.0167 degrees, that is how much the orbit deviates from a circle, between 0 and 1.
- The Orbit Inclination is 0 degrees, that is how much the orbit deviates from the plane, between 0 and 1.
- The volume of Earth at the equator is 108.321.
- The escape velocity, the speed which is need to break free is 11.186.
- The surface gravity of Earth is 9.798 compared to Earth which for purpose of this site is 1.
- The following gasses can be found in the Earth's atmosphere :
- 78.084% Nitrogen (N2).
- 20.946% Oxygen (O2).
- More information and the source for the moon can be found at N.A.S.A.
The Earth is the only known object in the solar system that harbours life. It is the planet we live on, it provides for all our needs, water, food and oxygen. For the last couple of billion years, it has support life, although for most of that time, it has been microbaterial. It is divided into seven /realcontinent/s which are Africa, Asia, Antarctica, Europe, North America, South America and Oceania
List of Moons in orbit around Earth
|Moon||2,413,402.16 km |