1SWASP J1407 Facts
- 1SWASP J1407's star type is star that can be located in the constellation of Centaurus. The description is based on the spectral class.
- 1SWASP J1407 is not part of the constellation outline but is within the borders of the constellation.
- The star can not be seen by the naked eye, you need a telescope to see it.
- It is calculated at being .016 Billion Years old. This information comes from ExoPlanet.
- 1SWASP J1407 has at least 1 Extrasolar Planets believed to be in orbit around the star.
- The star is calculated at being about 433.80 light years away from us.
Location of 1SWASP J1407
The location of the star in the night sky is determined by the Right Ascension (R.A.) and Declination (Dec.), these are equivalent to the Longitude and Latitude on the Earth. The Right Ascension is how far expressed in time (hh:mm:ss) the star is along the celestial equator. If the R.A. is positive then its eastwards. The Declination is how far north or south the object is compared to the celestial equator and is expressed in degrees. For 1SWASP J1407, the location is 14h 07m 48.00 and -39° 45` 43.00 .
Additional 1SWASP J1407 Facts and Figures
|Primary / Proper / Traditional Name||1SWASP J1407|
|Constellation's Main Star||No|
|Multiple Star System||No / Unknown|
|Age||0.02 Billion Years Old|
|Visual / Apparent Magnitude||12.40|
|Naked Eye Visible||Requires a 4.5 - 6 Inch Telescope - Magnitudes|
|Right Ascension (R.A.)||14h 07m 48.00|
|Declination (Dec.)||-39° 45` 43.00|
|Distance from Earth||7.52 Parallax (milliarcseconds)|
| ||433.80 Light Years|
| ||133.00 Parsecs|
| ||27,433,028.07 Astronomical Units|
Companions (Multi-Star and Exoplanets) Facts
Estimated Calculated Facts
Sources and Links
List of Extrasolar Planets orbiting 1SWASP J1407
|Name||Status||Mass (Jupiters)||Orbital Period (Days)||Eccentricity||Discovered||Semi-Major Axis||Periastron|
|1SWASP J1407 b||Confirmed||6.0||3725.000||2012||3.9|
There's no register feature and no need to give an email address if you don't need to. All messages will be reviewed before being displayed. Comments may be merged or altered slightly such as if an email address is given in the main body of the comment.