2M 2140+16 Facts
- 2M 2140+16 is a star that can be located in the constellation of Pegasus. The description is based on the spectral class.
- 2M 2140+16 is not part of the constellation outline but is within the borders of the constellation.
- 2M 2140+16 has at least 1 Extrasolar Planets believed to be in orbit around the star.
- 2M 2140+16 has a radius that is 0.10 times bigger than the Suns. Radius
- The star is calculated at being about 81.54 light years away from us. Distance
Location of 2M 2140+16
The location of the star in the night sky is determined by the Right Ascension (R.A.) and Declination (Dec.), these are equivalent to the Longitude and Latitude on the Earth. The Right Ascension is how far expressed in time (hh:mm:ss) the star is along the celestial equator. If the R.A. is positive then its eastwards. The Declination is how far north or south the object is compared to the celestial equator and is expressed in degrees. For 2M 2140+16, the location is 21h 40m 29.00 and 16° 25` 18.00 .
Additional 2M 2140+16 Facts and Figures
|Primary / Proper / Traditional Name||2M 2140+16|
|Constellation's Main Star||No|
|Multiple Star System||No / Unknown|
|Right Ascension (R.A.)||21h 40m 29.00|
|Declination (Dec.)||16° 25` 18.00|
|Distance from Earth||40.00000 Parallax (milliarcseconds)|
| ||81.54 Light Years|
| ||25 Parsecs|
| ||5,156,584.22 Astronomical Units|
Companions (Multi-Star and Exoplanets) Facts
Estimated Calculated Facts
|Radius (x the Sun)||0.10 |
|Calculated Temperature Range||0.00 - 0.00 |
Sources and Links
List of Extrasolar Planets orbiting 2M 2140+16
|Name||Status||Mass (Jupiters)||Orbital Period (Days)||Eccentricity||Discovered||Semi-Major Axis||Periastron||Inclination|
|2M 2140+16 b||Confirmed||20.0||7340.000||0.26||2010||3.53||223.000||46.200|
There's no register feature and no need to give an email address if you don't need to. All messages will be reviewed before being displayed. Comments may be merged or altered slightly such as if an email address is given in the main body of the comment.
You can decline to give a name which if that is the case, the comment will be attributed to a random star. A name is preferred even if its a random made up one by yourself.