EPIC 216468514 Facts
- EPIC 216468514's star type is subgiant star that can be located in the constellation of Sagittarius. The description is based on the spectral class.
- EPIC 216468514 is not part of the constellation outline but is within the borders of the constellation.
- Based on the spectral type (F9IV) of the star, the star's colour is blue to white .
- It is calculated at being 4.250 Billion Years old. This information comes from ExoPlanet.
- EPIC 216468514 has at least 1 Extrasolar Planets believed to be in orbit around the star.
- EPIC 216468514 has a radius that is 1.78 times bigger than the Suns. Radius
Location of EPIC 216468514
The location of the subgiant star in the night sky is determined by the Right Ascension (R.A.) and Declination (Dec.), these are equivalent to the Longitude and Latitude on the Earth. The Right Ascension is how far expressed in time (hh:mm:ss) the star is along the celestial equator. If the R.A. is positive then its eastwards. The Declination is how far north or south the object is compared to the celestial equator and is expressed in degrees. For EPIC 216468514, the location is 18h 59m 56.49 and -22° 17` 36.25 .
Physical Properties (Colour, Metallicity, Age, Radius) of EPIC 216468514
EPIC 216468514 Colour and Temperature
EPIC 216468514 has a spectral type of F9IV. This means the star is a blue to white subgiant star.
EPIC 216468514 Radius
EPIC 216468514 has been calculated as 1.78 times bigger than the Sun. The Sun's radius is 695,800km, therefore the star's radius is an estimated 1,238,524.00.km. If you need the diameter of the star, you just need to multiple the radius by 2.
The star's metallicity is 0.100000, this value is the fractional amount of the star that is not Hydrogen (X) or Helium (Y). An older star would have a high metallicity whereas a new star would have a lower one.
The star is believed to be about 4.25 Billion years old. To put in context, the Sun is believed to be about five billion years old and the Universe is about 13.8 billion years old.
Additional EPIC 216468514 Facts and Figures
|Primary / Proper / Traditional Name||EPIC 216468514|
|Constellation's Main Star||No|
|Multiple Star System||No / Unknown|
|Star Type||Subgiant Star|
|Colour||Yellow - White|
|Age||4.25 Billion Years Old|
|Right Ascension (R.A.)||18h 59m 56.49|
|Declination (Dec.)||-22° 17` 36.25|
Companions (Multi-Star and Exoplanets) Facts
Estimated Calculated Facts
Sources and Links
List of Extrasolar Planets orbiting EPIC 216468514
|Name||Status||Mass (Jupiters)||Orbital Period (Days)||Eccentricity||Discovered||Semi-Major Axis||Periastron||Inclination|
|EPIC 216468514 b||Confirmed||0.08||3.314||2016||0.048||81.900|
There's no register feature and no need to give an email address if you don't need to. All messages will be reviewed before being displayed. Comments may be merged or altered slightly such as if an email address is given in the main body of the comment.