Primary Facts on WASP-107
- WASP-107's star type is star that can be located in the constellation of Virgo. The description is based on the spectral class.
- WASP-107 is not part of the constellation outline but is within the borders of the constellation.
- Based on the spectral type (K6) of the star, the star's colour is orange to red .
- The star can not be seen by the naked eye, you need a telescope to see it.
- WASP-107 has at least 1 Extrasolar Planets believed to be in orbit around the star.
Location of WASP-107
The location of the star in the night sky is determined by the Right Ascension (R.A.) and Declination (Dec.), these are equivalent to the Longitude and Latitude on the Earth. The Right Ascension is how far expressed in time (hh:mm:ss) the star is along the celestial equator. If the R.A. is positive then its eastwards. The Declination is how far north or south the star is compared to the celestial equator and is expressed in degrees. For WASP-107, the location is 12h 33m 33.00 and -10° 08` 46.00 .
Physical Properties (Colour, Metallicity, Radius) of WASP-107
WASP-107 has a spectral type of K6. This means the star is a orange to red star.
WASP-107 has been calculated as 0.66 times bigger than the Sun.The Sun's radius is 695,800km, therefore the star's radius is an estimated 459,228.00.km. If you need the diameter of the star, you just need to multiple the radius by 2.
The star's metallicity is 0.100000, this value is the fractional amount of the star that is not Hydrogen (X) or Helium (Y). An older star would have a high metallicity whereas a new star would have a lower one.
WASP-107 Apparent and Absolute Magnitudes
WASP-107 has an apparent magnitude of 11.60 which is how bright we see the star from Earth. Apparent Magnitude is also known as Visual Magnitude. Magnitude, whether it be apparent/visual or absolute magnitude is measured by a number, the smaller the number, the brighter the Star is. Our own Sun is the brightest star and therefore has the lowest of all magnitudes, -26.74. A faint star will have a high number.