Primary Facts on WASP-20
- WASP-20's star type is star that can be located in the constellation of Cetus. The description is based on the spectral class.
- WASP-20 is not part of the constellation outline but is within the borders of the constellation.
- The star can not be seen by the naked eye, you need a telescope to see it.
- It is calculated at being 7.000 Billion Years old. This information comes from ExoPlanet.
- WASP-20 has at least 1 Extrasolar Planets believed to be in orbit around the star.
- The star is calculated at being about 684.94 light years away from us.
Location of WASP-20
The location of the star in the night sky is determined by the Right Ascension (R.A.) and Declination (Dec.), these are equivalent to the Longitude and Latitude on the Earth. The Right Ascension is how far expressed in time (hh:mm:ss) the star is along the celestial equator. If the R.A. is positive then its eastwards. The Declination is how far north or south the object is compared to the celestial equator and is expressed in degrees. For WASP-20, the location is 00h 20m 38.54 and -23° 56` 08.57 .
Additional WASP-20 Facts and Figures
|Primary / Proper / Traditional Name||WASP-20|
|Constellation's Main Star||No|
|Multiple Star System||No / Unknown|
|Age||7.00 Billion Years Old|
|Visual / Apparent Magnitude||10.68|
|Naked Eye Visible||Requires a 4.5 - 6 Inch Telescope - Magnitudes|
|Right Ascension (R.A.)||00h 20m 38.54|
|Declination (Dec.)||-23° 56` 08.57|
|Distance from Earth||4.76 Parallax (milliarcseconds)|
| ||684.94 Light Years|
| ||210.00 Parsecs|
| ||43,315,307.49 Astronomical Units |
Companions (Multi-Star and Exoplanets) Facts
Estimated Calculated Facts
Sources and Links
List of Extrasolar Planets orbiting WASP-20
|Name||Status||Mass (Jupiters)||Orbital Period (Days)||Eccentricity||Discovered||Semi-Major Axis||Periastron||Inclination|
There's no register feature and no need to give an email address if you don't need to. All messages will be reviewed before being displayed. Comments may be merged or altered slightly such as if an email address is given in the main body of the comment.