Primary Facts on WASP-22
- WASP-22's star type is star that can be located in the constellation of Eridanus. The description is based on the spectral class.
- WASP-22 is not part of the constellation outline but is within the borders of the constellation.
- The star can not be seen by the naked eye, you need a telescope to see it.
- WASP-22 has at least 1 Extrasolar Planets believed to be in orbit around the star.
- The star is calculated at being about 978.50 light years away from us.
Location of WASP-22
The location of the star in the night sky is determined by the Right Ascension (R.A.) and Declination (Dec.), these are equivalent to the Longitude and Latitude on the Earth. The Right Ascension is how far expressed in time (hh:mm:ss) the star is along the celestial equator. If the R.A. is positive then its eastwards. The Declination is how far north or south the star is compared to the celestial equator and is expressed in degrees. For WASP-22, the location is 03h 31m 16.00 and -23° 49` 11.00 .