Primary Facts on Wise 0855-0714
- Wise 0855-0714's star type is Sub-Brown Dwarf Star that can be located in the constellation of Hydra. The description is based on the spectral class.
- Wise 0855-0714 is not part of the constellation outline but is within the borders of the constellation.
- Based on the spectral type (Y2) of the star, the star's colour is brown.
- It is calculated at being 3.000 Billion Years old. This information comes from ExoPlanet.
- Wise 0855-0714 has at least 1 Extrasolar Planets believed to be in orbit around the star.
- The star is calculated at being about 7.53 light years away from us.
Location of Wise 0855-0714
The location of the star in the night sky is determined by the Right Ascension (R.A.) and Declination (Dec.), these are equivalent to the Longitude and Latitude on the Earth. The Right Ascension is how far expressed in time (hh:mm:ss) the star is along the celestial equator. If the R.A. is positive then its eastwards. The Declination is how far north or south the star is compared to the celestial equator and is expressed in degrees. For Wise 0855-0714, the location is 08h 55m 11.00 and -07° 14` 43.00 .
Physical Properties (Colour, Age) of Wise 0855-0714
Wise 0855-0714 has a spectral type of Y2. This means the star is a brown Sub-Brown Dwarf Star.
The star is believed to be about 3.00 Billion years old. To put in context, the Sun is believed to be about five billion years old and the Universe is about 13.8 billion years old.
Distance to Wise 0855-0714
The Parallax of the star is given as 432.90 which gives a calculated distance to Wise 0855-0714 of 7.53 light years from the Earth or 2.31 parsecs. It would take a spaceship travelling at the speed of light, 7.53 years to get there. We don't have the technology or spaceship that can carry people over that distance yet.
The star is roughly 476,468.38 Astronomical Units from the Earth/Sun give or take a few. An Astronomical Unit is the distance between Earth and the Sun. The number of A.U. is the number of times that the star is from the Earth compared to the Sun.